Last updated: December 13, 2023
This policy outlines how we process any personal data that we process.
In short, as far as we are aware, we only use personal data for the reasonable administration of our business. We DO NOT sell users personal data, nor use it for advertising purposes unless given explicit consent.
We recommend that you read through this Policy thoroughly to gain a clear understanding of our privacy practices.
Why, What, and How We Process Your Personal Data
We process your personal data to deliver our products, communicate with you, and monitor the usage of our websites.
Here’s an overview of our processing purposes, the categories of personal data we process, and how we do it:
- For delivery of our courses and community access, we process your name and email address. You give us this data voluntarily on creating an account and signing up for at Benuw Academy (https://academy.benuw.com/). It is necessary to process it to execute the purchase contract with you. We may also use your name and email address to provide you with customer support in relation to the purchase. We use the features of the Mighty Networks platform to process this data.
- You may provide additional information in creation of your profile on our community, for example a picture of yourself or a bio. This information will be available to other members of the community. You are in control of what information you provide which is visible to other members of the community – for example you can use an alias instead of your real name or opt out of providing a picture.
- To ensure that our school is running properly, we process your login IP address and digital fingerprints, which may include your course progress, date and time of account creation, date and time of last login, number of logins, current and last sign-up, and sign-up source. Such data is collected via the Mighty Networks platform, some of which may be through cookies.
- To communicate with you, we process your name, your email address, and any other contact information you provide You can contact us through our contact form on our website or via email (email@example.com) and provide your contact details voluntarily so that we can respond to your inquiries. We use the features of our email services or the Mighty Networks platform to process this data.
- You may join our newsletter mailing list, by providing us with your email address and name voluntarily or selecting to do so upon signing up to our Mighty Networks community (https://academy.benuw.com/) and we provide you with our email newsletter through Mighty Networks, Convertkit or a similar platform.
In addition, when you purchase items from our website, Stripe and/or Paypal are given permission to handle your payment details. In these cases, we don’t see your credit card or payment information. Rather, Stripe and/or Paypal, the external payment handler, manage your payment details.
Security of your personal information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, or destruction, including but not limited to access controls and educating staff on data protection.
For EU users: Your rights as the owner of personal data
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to know about the processing
- The right to access your data
- The right to update or correct your data
- The right to object to the use of your data
- The right to restrict the use of your data
- The right to transfer your data to another data controller
- The right to the erasure of your data
- The right to lodge a complaint to the relevant data protection authority
If you want to exercise your rights under the GDPR, you may submit your requests to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we might ask you to confirm who you are before we honour your request to ensure the privacy and security of your personal data.
Additionally, you’re entitled to lodge a complaint with the appropriate Data Protection Authority concerning our gathering and use of your personal data. To learn more about this, reach out to your local data protection agency.
Aside from EU users’ GDPR requests, we will respond to all reasonable data requests by any user worldwide, no matter what data protection law applies in our specific relationship.
Protecting your child’s privacy
Our websites, products and services are not intended for those below 16 years of age (‘Children’).
If you’re a parent or guardian and realize that your child has shared personal information with us, please let us know. We’ll promptly delete that data from our servers.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Kernenergiestraat 19 P1
BTW BE 0801 045 497